As part of Chicago Community Trust's annual On the Table Series., on 5/16, hosted by Holland & Knight, Chicago Advanced Energy (CAE) will facilitate a Microgrid Masterplanning Workshop for critical energy users.
Special thanks to our sponsors, discussion leaders, and David Robbins to make this event possible.
Discussion Leaders with optional reference material:
- Barb Adams, Partner, Holland & Knight, LLP
- David Robbins, Project Administrator, City Chicago Department of Aviation
- Catherine O'Connor, Director of Engineering, Metropolitan Water. Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- York Chan, Administrator of Facilities, Advocate Heath Care
- Kevin O'Brien, Director, Illinois Sustainable Technology Center
- David Chiesa, Sr. Global Director, S&C Electric
- Don Wingate, Vice President – Utility Solutions, Strategic Customers, Schneider Electric
- Jim McDonald, Director of Environmental Impact, PowerSecure
- Chris Townsend, Energy Law Partner, Clark Hill, PLC
- YaLonda Lockett, Executive Director, Public Sector at Constellation, an Exelon Company
- Chris Saltz, Principal, Facilities Information Xchange Consulting, LLC
- Ken Simpson, Group Lead, Energy, US Green Building Certification Inc.
- Jim Reilly, Principal Reilly Associates, Consultant, Argonne National Labs
- Other Resources:
Desired Outcome #1: A Compelling Problem Statement
- Identify the top 5 critical energy groups in Chicagoland.
- Identify the top 3 critical energy drivers that justify grid hardening or a microgrid for these groups.
- Summarize your Problem Statement to include:
- worsening critical pain points with associated costs to identified essential users
- most valuable benefits that can be realized within 3 years that justifies urgency
- Identify 3 essential stakeholder groups necessary to achieve the most cost effective solution to this problem.
- State one key need for each stakeholder group to make this a win/win solution.
Desired Outcome #2: 3 Year Roadmap
- Identify the 3 most important achievable outcomes within 3 years to solve the problem.
- Identify 3 critical milestones that must be achieved to realize these outcomes? By when?
- Summarize your 3 year Roadmap with a name, 3 desired outcomes and 3 critical milestones.
- Identify three essential next steps to move this dialogue forward