2017 Advanced Energy Group Fellowship Application
Advanced Energy Group (AEG) convenes leading energy stakeholders, to promote thought leadership, education and the development of needed advanced energy solutions once a quarter, in New York, Chicago, Washington D.C., Denver, and Boston. The purpose of AEG is to facilitate diverse, constructive, stakeholder dialogue to manifest a more sustainable and resilient energy future for our cities.
Stakeholder engagement among participating leaders and organizations presents outstanding opportunities for future leaders interested in developing careers aimed at solving the most pressing energy challenges for cities. Fellows benefit from the rich content discussed in these invite-only engagements along with the opportunity to develop and showcase their skills by:
- Market Research – identification of target customers and appropriate decision makers at such organizations
- Topical Research - research, interview and synthesize key developments related to each quarterly breakfast
- Pre-Event Coordination – Stakeholder analytics, logistics support, discussion leader identification and selection
- Event Coordination – Venue setup, stakeholder greetings, A/V support and/or presenter assistance, note recording, stakeholder interviewer, venue cleanup
- Post Event Coordination – Writing and publishing of event recap/audio/video content, stakeholder outreach, post-event survey and analytics
- Market Outreach – Development, production, or supporting the creation of written, audio, or video content promoting AEG, select AEG Cities, and/or AEG members
An indication of the value of an AEG Fellowship is the caliber of dedicated participating energy leaders and organizations.
Selected Advanced Energy Group fellows, will have access to the invite-only stakeholder breakfasts in select cities, all registration costs will be covered. Travel expenses may be reimbursed, only with pre-approval.
At the completion of this fellowship, a review of contributions will be conducted to provide valuable feedback on strengths and areas for continued professional development. This conversation will also cover the possibility of career advancement at AEG.
AEG FELLOW Application
Competitive applicants will possess:
- A passion for creating a positive future on a regional platform
- An aspiration to lead through thoughtful contributions and listening
- An appreciation for constructive dialogue and education
- A wealth of diverse experiences, perspectives and strengths to bring to the table
- A vision for the future with outstanding communication skills
- Graduate students who have a passion for new energy solutions, the ability to produce high quality work and interact exceptionally with senior executives and officials
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Willing to actively engage for at least 4 quarters.
- Be currently enrolled full-time as a degree-seeking student at an accredited college or university at the Master’s or Doctoral level.